Monday 20 April 2015

More Math Thoughts using Google

I'll make this quick.  It is my 2nd posting of the night, you can't expect too much!!!

Anyway, I was reading my Twitter feed the other day and came across a short video on digital texts.  I was intrigued by a picture of the London Bridge with clear drawings of lines on it marking angles.  It looked good, similar to Google Draw.   Did some research, these texts online cost $55 per kid....and are not for my grade level.   Pfffffttttt!!!!

Disappointed??  Not at all.  I quickly created 2 examples for my "Ideas 2015-2016" file so I don't forget them for next year.

Below is a nice grade 4 idea.  You can see how any image can work (as long as it is free, or your own) and how you can fit a lot of different geometry expectations in here.

Template



 Below is a volume example.  I put the lines in and gave them the dimensions.  Again, you can modify this in a lot of ways.

Template


No comments:

Post a Comment