Thursday 9 April 2015

Time to start bloggin'.

Hello.

And welcome.  I have been exploring uses of technology in the classroom for the past 6-7 years or so.  I mean really exploring it.  I started out by taking P.D. courses that my board offered.  I volunteered for pilot projects, or to help out at beginner workshops, and now I co-create and present workshops on how I integrate technology into my classroom.

But you know what....  I still feel like a "noob".  I have actively been following a large selection of techy people involved in the education world, and I find that I am learning so much from reading their blogs, looking at their images, or reading articles that they suggest.  My Twitter feed has become my main source of P.D.   

No, really!   It is an untapped resource.  Well, I shouldn't say untapped, after all it is Twitter, and it is the internet.... My point is that daily, no hourly, you can literally learn a few cool tricks, apps, or programs that will enrich your classroom in a second.  From tips on using forms, to introducing Powtoon, to how to use Google Draw in your math program, Twitter has it all.

So my first lesson for my first blog is this:
  1. Open a Twitter account if you haven't already got one.
  2. Follow me @Teacherparker   (I'll follow you back)
  3. Find 3-5 great teachers, educational groups, or interesting people to follow
I'll even give you some suggestions:

@alicekeeler
@classcollect
@edutopia
@mentalmathkids
@make
@codeorg

I look forward to hearing from you. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. I'm excited to follow your thought on tech here!

    ReplyDelete